Calculator based on the formulas of gravitational force (law of universal gravitation) and electric force (Coulomb’s law), which calculates any of the variables involved in these forces (masses, charges, distance and resultant force).
As we can see when comparing the formulas, in both cases the force between two masses or charges is directly proportional to the product of their masses or charges and inversely proportional to the square of the distance that separates them.
- Select the drop-down menu if you want to make a calculation with masses (gravitational force) or charges (electric power).
- On the next screen, click on the variables (m1 or q1, m2 or q2, r and F) to write its value. A calculator will appear to enter data for that variable.
- Use calculator to introduce the variable value selected. The box x10^ means x 10 raised to the power of. You can enter negative numbers in the whole value or in the exponent with the +/- button. Once you’ve written the complete figure click on OK!.
- Once you’ve written the value of three variables, it will automatically calculate the value of the fourth.
- Once the calculation is finished, you will have the option of conducting a recalculation (go to the home screen), changing a variable to see how it affects the others, and in the case that we are on electric charges, see the lines of the electric field generated.